2011年4月12日 星期二

Survey Project Reflection

The topic of our survey is "How do Japanese think about Hong Kong?" After doing this project, we found that Japanese people may not familiar with Hong Kong.
I think that interviewees have some misunderstanding about our questionaire. i would like to ask about the impressions of Hong Kong in their mind, not their real experiences. However, in question 4(What do you think of MTR), since not many interviewees have been to Hong Kong, they skip this question. Therefore, I would like to ask some questions which are not related to real experiences in the future.

For the results, we found that some of them are same as our expectation but some are not. As I said before, the most shocked result is that Jackie Chan can represent Hong Kong.

I suggest that when we design the questionaire, we have to make sure all the wordings are clear enough. Also,we have to consider that are the interviewees suitable for our survey topic because may be some of them are not familiar with the topic that we choose.When we present our project, well-prepared powerpoint are important, for example,we can add some attractive photos in the powerpoint in order to draw audience attention.


Then I would like to talk about  classmates' presentations in second day:
Group 4:
They survey topic of group 4 is "Marriage".I think it is interesting topic.
I am surprised that Japanese people do not mind the age of lovers.
Because in my mind, male in Japan are male chauvinism, they would like to find the lovers who younger than them, they want their lovers are petite and cute.

Group 5:
They talked about the life of Japanese people.
Actually, I think same as them that Japanese people may always drink miso soup or go to ohanami. However, from their results, most of Japanese people answered "no". It is nice that they use some photos in the powerpoint and they really draw my attention.

Group 6:
Their survey is about travelling.
One of the questions is "if your trip is overseas, where would you like to visit?",
about 70% people choose visiting Asia. This result is different from my expectation, may be I think Europe is more attractive than Asia.XD

Every presentations also brought out some interesting things to me. Japanese people's thinking are not totally same with our expectations. Anyway, thank you for all the presentatinos.^^

2 則留言:

  1. 'the most shocked result is that Jackie Chan can represent Hong Kong'

    Me too! I don't know Jackie Chan is such popular in Japan.

    回覆刪除
  2. Yes! I also think they would more likely to visit Europe ir America instead of Asia! This result is a bit supries!

    回覆刪除