2011年4月29日 星期五

What are the problems of education of in Hong Kong?

Different countries have different educational systems. I studied in secondary school for 7 years, i have to talk about the problems of education in Hong Kong.

First, I think mother-tongue teaching is not good for students. As in Hong Kong, English is very important. People may communicate with colleague in future. Besides experience, boss may focus on employees' engligh abilities. I think that English is a kind of language, students have to study it through a long time. It is better to touch it more by learning different subjects. In fact, the English ability of people is descending.

Second, the pressure of Hong Kong students is too heavy. The education system is exam-oriented. The competitiveness between students is heavy too. They have to study in University in order to get a better job in the future. Compared with the West, students are more relax. In Hong Kong,  many students are focus on "marks" only. And they seldom join activities. Just like my friend, she never go out with friends since form 3, she always study. Although she can study in University now, the relationship between she and her friends is not good.

Now I am study in HKU SPACE, I think there are some problems. We have to study some subjects that we don't like. This really affect the concentration in the lessons.
Besides, the sense of belonging in secondary school is larger than HKU SPACE. Because I met many classmates in different courses, but we may study together about 3 months, it is totally different from secondary. I find it is hard to be friends with other because we get along with less time.

Anyway, the educational systems in Hong Kong may have some problems, it still have some advantages. Therefore, I will try my best to study in Hong Kong.

沒有留言:

張貼留言